The Royal House of El Quexigal was built in 1563 by the famous architect Juan de Herrera, in the same style as his masterpiece, the Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, during the reign of Philip II.
The Farm, which was run by Jerome monks, in addition to fulfilling its initial function of supplying wood, was a source of complete supply of food for El Escorial: oil, wine, honey, vegetables and others.
The farm is located in the municipality of Cebreros, occupying an area of about 1,400 hectares. It is characterized by a convoluted series of mounds, rocky outcrops, valleys, gently sloping plains, rivers and streams arranged at random by wise nature.
The varied vegetation and trees: pine trees, holm oaks, alders, junipers, poplars… includes quejigos, a tree so profuse that it gave its name to the farm.
This palace in El Quexigal housed a large collection of works, some of which were lost in a fire that suffered. A polychrome wood carving representing San Bernardo, in life size, is preserved in the Parish Church of Cebreros.